So, what benefits should users be garnering from a quality nutrition supplement / meal-replacement product?
1. Quality whey protein to support lean muscle growth and maintenance. Given many use these products either in recovery, to help maintain their bodies as they age, or for growing children, adequate protein is a must. For those seeking to manage weight, whey protein offers a way to feel fuller for longer.
2. Fiber to support digestive function. Those suffering from a loss in appetite, may not necessarily be able to get their fiber from food and diet alone.
3. Low Potassium & Low Sodium. For those who are going through dialysis treatment, this requirement is critically important.
4. High in Calcium. For children and adults, calcium is a crucial building block for maintenance of strong bones as well as growth. Those taking these products as an alternative to milk (due to a lactose intolerance) may not be receiving the adequate calcium they require.
5. No added sugars. We covered this already, but it's worth mentioning again. The addition of sugars to the formula only serves to create energy spikes, potentially exacerbate inflammation, and provide a risk to diabetics.